Who is who?
The Top Team of the Top Sector Life Sciences & Health represents industry, academia and government. Every couple of weeks the Top Team evaluates developments in the sector and indicates the opportunities and challenges. They also support the sector in its international efforts. This year the Top Team welcomed Erik Gerritsen as their new member, read an interview with the new member in the Update of July.
Members of the Top Team LSH:
- Jan Raaijmakers (Professor Pharmeceutical Sciences Utrecht University and former Vice President External Scientific Collaborations at GSK) – Chairman
- Len de Jong (CEO Enraf Nonius) – SME Medical Technology
- Hans Schikan (former CEO of Prosensa) – SME Biotechnology
- Huibert Pols (Rector Magnificus of Erasmus University Rotterdam) – Academia
- Erik Gerritsen (Secretary General at the Ministry of Health, Welfare and Sport) – Government
The LSH Advisory Board is made up of professionals from different disciplines:
- Clemens van Blitterswijk (Science & SMEs, Maastricht University)
- Fred Dom (SMEs, HiFiBio)
- Hans Hofstraat (Large Industry, Philips)
- René Kuijten (Venture Capital, LSP)
- Marcel Levi (Public-Private Partnerships, doctor, AMC/ZonMw)
- Tom Oostrom (Health Foundations, Dutch Kidney Foundation)
- Martin Paul (Universities, Maastricht University)
- Joep Pluymen (Large Industry, former MSD)
- Anton Pijpers (Veterinary Science, Utrecht University)
- Colja Laane (Public-Private Partnerships, Rotterdam Eye Hospital)
The Advisory Board meetings of 2016 were organised througout the country, organised by Eindhoven/Slimmer Leven/Philips, Economic Board Utrecht, Health Vallley, and Amsterdam Economic Board.
The people at the Executive Office (from left to right):
- Naomi Vorstermans – Communications officer
- Laila el Aziz – Programme manager
- Chrétien Herben – Valorisation manager
- Hanneke Heeres – Human capital coordinator
- Annette Wells – Office manager
- Hanna Groen – Programme assistant
- Nico van Meeteren – Executive director
- Patricia Schimmel – Secretary
- Jolande Zijlstra – Innovation coordinator
- Ernst Nagel – Operations director
The Governance of Top Sector LSH
In early 2016, the Executive Board of the Top Sector Life Sciences & Health (LSH) envisaged that the ongoing growth and expansion of the Top Sector would place considerable demands on its governance in view of the new responsibilities and demands from the sector for the future. This was the main reason for appointing a committee under the leadership of the well-known specialist on governance Eduard Klasen (former member of the Executive Board of Leiden University Medical Center) to redesign the structure of the Top Sector LSH. As a result of the committee’s findings, the Top Sector LSH is currently implementing a new structure. In this the responsibilities of the Board, the Top Team and the Advisory Board are well defined and the Top Sector LSH and their formal legal entity the ‘Stichting LSH-TKI’ will be in a position to serve many new public-private partnerships. We will inform you soon about the new, prominent members of the new governance structure of 2017.